Hemorrhoids are a common and often uncomfortable condition that affect the veins in the anus and rectum. They can be caused by a variety of factors, including straining during bowel movements, chronic constipation, and pregnancy. While hemorrhoids can be mild and self-resolve, some cases may cause significant discomfort, bleeding, and other complications. While hemorrhoids can often be managed with lifestyle changes, more severe cases may require medical intervention. Contact us today to learn about hemorrhoid prevention in NYC.
- Pain or discomfort in the anal region
- Itching or irritation in the anal region
- Bleeding during bowel movements
- Swelling or lump in the anal region
- Leakage of feces
- Mucus discharge from the anus
- Sensation of incomplete bowel movements
- Blood in the stool (in severe cases)
- Straining during bowel movements
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Obesity or being overweight
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Chronic coughing or sneezing
- Heavy lifting or strenuous physical activity
- Anal intercourse
- Poor hygiene
- Family history of hemorrhoids
- Certain medical conditions that cause increased pressure on the veins
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the latest information and tips for hemorrhoid prevention in NYC by subscribing to our newsletter. Our team of experts, led by Dr. Elena Ivanina, shares their knowledge on gut health and wellness, including strategies for hemorrhoid prevention in NYC. Sign up today to stay informed and empowered on your journey to better gut health.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up-to-date on the latest in gut health and wellness. Receive exclusive tips, news, and insights from Dr. Elena Ivanina and our team of experts.